Interested in getting involved with Rotary Youth Exchange as a committee member or volunteer? We’d love your help!
From organizing events to chaperoning trips to tour guides and van drivers, your contribution will be a valuable help to our students’ experience.
In order to be compliant with Pennsylvania’s Child Protective Services Law as well as other state and federal regulations overseeing youth-serving organizations, all volunteers are required to pass the following background checks:
- Department of State background check
- Criminal History Report (Pennsylvania)
- Child Abuse History Clearance (Pennsylvania)
- FBI Criminal History Clearance
Who is required to comply?
The following volunteers MUST comply with Pennsylvania’s Child Protective Services Law:
- All Adult Volunteers (Rotarians and non-Rotarians) who may have care, supervision, guidance or control of children, or routine interaction with Exchange Students must have proper clearances. For example:
- Host Families (everyone in the home over the age of 18 years)
- Club Youth Exchange Officers and Club Student Counselors
- Parents or any other adult that acts as a driver for students other than his/her own child
- Adults acting as chaperones on YEP day/overnight/weekend trips
- Adults who only have incidental interaction with students do NOT need to complete this process (i.e. Rotarians interacting with students at Club or District meetings, participating in group events, Gundaker, District Conference, etc.).
- District 7450 Rules covering YEP students traveling OUTSIDE the state of Pennsylvania and staying overnight with adults remain the same. All adults over 18 years of age in the home where they are staying must complete the ESSEX Background Check, but do NOT have to complete the State of PA Checks.